Glacier Lagoon – Multi day photo tour
Two or three day photo tour along the south coast all the way to the Glacier lagoon and even to the amazing Batman mountain – Vestrahorn one of the best Iceland ice cave photography tour.
Jökulsárlón is a large glacial lake in southeast Iceland, on the edge of Vatnajökull National Park. Situated at the head of the Breiðamerkurjökull glacier, it developed into a lake after the glacier started receding from the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. The lake has grown since then at varying rates because of melting of the glaciers. It is now 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) away from the ocean’s edge and covers an area of about 18 km2 (6.9 sq mi). It recently became the deepest lake in Iceland, at over 248 metres (814 ft), as glacial retreat extended its boundaries. The size of the lake has increased fourfold since the 1970s.It is considered as one of the natural wonders of Iceland.
Places to visit, depends on time and weather and season if we can see them all:
– waterfalls: Seljalandsfoss, Gljúfurbúi, Skógafoss, Kvenufoss, Foss á Síðu and Svartifoss
– The black beach and its pillars, Reynisfjara
– The sea cliff Dyrhólaey
– The canyon Fjaðrárgljúfur
– Two or three Glacier lagoons
– The diamond beach
– Mountain Vestrahorn
– Icelandic horses
– Abandoned houses
– northern lights during winter season
Terms and what is included and not:
• Availability: All year
• Duration: Tour for 2-3 days
• Price: $990 per car and day (4×4 with seats for 4 max pax). Prices are fixed for the day-tours, with max 4 participants to share the cost. Tours include transportation by a 4×4 car/fuel, guiding and landscape photography assistants. As this is a private tour we can flex and change the schedule if you have special wishes as to locations etc.
• Pickup and dropoff in the Reykjavik area
• We understand plans can change. So be assured that there will be a full refund for cancellation up to 30 days before your tour.
• Feel free to send your request about availability and questions.
• Hotel, food and beverages.
• boat and ice cave tours
Pictures from the south coast, further than the black beach:
Ice cubes drifting in the waves at Diamond beach
The Batman mountain – Vestrahorn and it’s reflection in the wet sand beach.
The black waterfall – Svartifoss
Ice cave in Vatnajökull glacier
The Pillars at Reynisfjara / Black beach
Glacier Lagoon – Jökulsárlón – in a summer night
The rock standing alone on the black beach next to the mountain Hjörleifshöfðs
The stunning waterfall Skógafoss and its reflection in a lake
The glacier lagoon Fjallsárlón in panorama
Mountain Hjörleifshöfði and yellow flowers in the foreground