West fjords – Multi day photo tour
The Westfjords is a large peninsula in northwestern Iceland and an administrative district. It lies on the Denmark Strait, facing the east coast of Greenland. It is connected to the rest of Iceland by a 7-km-wide isthmus between Gilsfjörður and Bitrufjörður. The Westfjords are very mountainous; the coastline is heavily indented by dozens of fjords surrounded by steep hills. These indentations make roads very circuitous and communications by land difficult. In addition many of the roads are closed by ice and snow for several months of the year.
The cliffs at Látrabjarg comprise the longest bird cliff in the northern Atlantic Ocean and are at the westernmost point in Iceland. The Drangajökull glacier is located in the north of the peninsula and is the fifth-largest of the country, but the only glacier of the region.
The Westfjords is a great place for few days photo tour, a lot to discover there on West fjords – Multi day photo tour.
Places to visit if time and weather condition allow it:
– it’s optional to take the Snæfellsnes peninsula for the first day – see Snæfellsnes tour for photo locations
– Boat trip from Stykkishólmur to Westfjords
– Látrabjarg, sea cliff with Puffins
– Rauðasandur, beach with red sand
– shipwreck Garðar
– Selárdalur, museum
– The pier in Önundarfjord
– Bolungarvík – Ósvör and mountain
– Abandoned houses
– Birds, seals and maybe whales
– Waterfalls – Dynjandi
– deep fjords, high mountains
Terms and what is included and not:
• Availability: Summer
• Duration: Tour for 3-4 days from May through October.
• Price: $990 per car and day (4×4 with seats for 4 max pax). Prices are fixed for the day-tours, with max 4 participants to share the cost. Tours include transportation by a 4×4 car/fuel, guiding and landscape photography assistants. As this is a private tour we can flex and change the schedule if you have special wishes as to locations etc.
• Pickup and dropoff in the Reykjavik area
• We understand plans can change. So be assured that there will be a full refund for cancellation up to 30 days before your tour.
• Feel free to send your request about availability and questions.
• Hotel, food and beverages.
Puffins at the sea cliff Látrabjarg in the Westfjords
The beach at one of amazing fjords in the Westfjords – Skálavík
The pier in Önundarfjörður with mountain surrounding and white sand beach.
Summer sunset in Bolungarvík with the sea- and fisherman museum Ósvör in the foreground, mountain Bolafjall on the left.
Arctic Tern in a attacking mode.
The waterfall Dynjandi, one of Iceland’s most beautiful waterfalls.
The oldest steal ship in Iceland at it’s resting place.
A man in fishermans custom from beginning of last century at the sea- and fishing museum Ósvör.