Borgarfjordur – One Day Photo Tour
Borgarfjordur is a fjord and a district in south western Iceland, by Faxafloi bay. It takes its name from the farm of viking and poet Egill Skallagrimsson, of Egil’s Saga fame. Borgarfjordur is one of Iceland most beautiful fjords, has unique lava waterfall, crators and mountains and endless lava fields. If there is some time then it is possible to stop in the town Akranes to see the lighthouse and the old and rusty boat, the Dolphin.
We need to be flexible and choose the best locations based on conditions. The light, time of year and the weather are critical componenets in providing our customers with the best photographic opportunities.
Places to visit, depends on time and weather if we can see them all:
• The waterfalls; Hraunfoss, Barnafoss and Glanni
• The Crater; Grábrókargígur
• The glacier river Geitá and the river Hvítá/the old bridge
• The mountain Baula
• The most powerful hot spring in Iceland, Deildartunguhver
• Lava cave, Surtshellir
• Lupina fields in the summer and autumn colors in sept/oct
• On the way are also some other waterfalls, abandoned house and horses to see.
Note: Due to weather and limited daylight during winter time the itinerary can vary between days. We evaluate circumstances and take the best-informed decision possible.
Terms and what is included and not:
• Availability: All year
• Duration: April through October, 10-12 hours. November through March, 8-10 hours.
• Departure: 8.00 am.
• Price: $990 per car (4×4 with seats for 4 max pax). Prices are fixed for the day-tours, with max 4 participants to share the cost. Tours include transportation by a 4×4 car/fuel, guiding and landscape photography assistants. As this is a private tour we can flex and change the schedule if you have special wishes as to locations etc.
• Pickup and dropoff in the Reykjavik area
• We understand plans can change. So be assured that there will be a full refund for cancellation up to 30 days before your tour.
• Feel free to send your request about availability itinerary and questions to: email@example.com or call: +354 895-6364
• Food and beverages. We will stop on the way for lunch and snacks.
Bring with you:
• Your photo gear, sturdy tripod and filters
• Warm clothes, cloves and hats and hiking shoes