Reykjanes Peninsula – One Day Photo Tour
The Reykjanes peninsula is located on a drift zone, between two continents, the north american plate and the Eurasian plate. It is unique site where you can find different elements that exist because of the drift zone, geothermal energy, lava fields and other phenomenon.
The Reykjanes peninsula has several high-temperature geothermal areas, three of which have been harnessed to generate electricity. Nowhere on earth is the junction in the earth’s crust between the European and American tectonic plates as clearly visible as on the Reykjanes peninsula. The area is a veritable hotbed for recreational activities. The dramatic, rugged landscape features volcanic craters, caves, lava fields, geothermal waters, and hot springs, in addition where lighthouses outnumber villages.
Places to visit, depends on time and weather if we can see them all:
- The Lighthouse in Gardur and at Reykjanes
- The Blue Lagoon
- Lake Kleifarvatn
- Geothermal area Seltún at Kleifarvatn
- Old churches like Strandakirkja and Kálfatjarnarkirkja
- Bridge between Continents
- Brimketill – a lavarock formation on the coast near Staðarberg, west of Grindavik
- Gunnuhver – The mud pools and steam vents on the southwest part of Reykjanes
- The sea cliff at Krýsuvík
Terms and what is included and not:
• Availability: All year
• Duration: April through October, 10-12 hours. November through March, 6-8 hours.
• Departure: 8.00 am.
• Price: $890 per car (4×4 with seats for 4 max pax). Prices are fixed for the day-tours, with max 4 participants to share the cost. Tours include transportation by a 4×4 car/fuel, guiding and landscape photography assistants. As this is a private tour we can flex and change the schedule if you have special wishes as to locations etc.
• Pickup and dropoff in the Reykjavik area
• We understand plans can change. So be assured that there will be a full refund for cancellation up to 30 days before your tour.
• Feel free to send your request about availability itinerary.
• Food and beverages.