South Coastline of Iceland – One Day Photo Tour
The South Coastline Iceland holds some of the most beautiful natural attractions in Iceland. This tour is ideal for nature lovers of all kinds and great for photographers. We take you along the south coast of Iceland, one of the country´s most scenic regions, as far as Vík, a charming village surrounded by high beautiful bird cliffs. This part of the country, the south coast, is very rich in magnificent and diverse landscapes, ranging from vast farmlands, active volcanoes, numerous ice caps, glacier outlets and Glacier Rivers, amazing waterfalls, wide black sandy plains, and beaches of black and fascinating basalt rock formations. The area is also renowned for its abundant bird life, specially the Puffin.
We need to be flexible and choose the best locations based on conditions. The light, time of year and the weather are critical componenets in providing our customers with the best photographic opportunities.
Places to visit, depends on time and weather if we can see them all:
• The waterfalls; Seljalandsfoss, Gljúfrabúi, Skógafoss and Kvernufoss
• The planewreck at Sólheimasandur (4,1 km walk from the road each way – optional)
• The island cliff Dyrhólaey – Puffins during spring and summer
• The black beach at Reynisfjara and the columnar basalt formation – Reynisdrangar Ocean Cliff
• The village of Vík – church and beach
• Birdlife, puffins from April till August
• On the way are also some other waterfalls, abandoned house and horses to see.
Note: Due to weather and limited daylight during winter time the itinerary can vary between days. We evaluate circumstances and take the best-informed decision possible.
Terms and what is included and not:
• Availability: All year
• Duration: April through October, 10-12 hours. November through March, 8-10 hours.
• Departure: 8.00 am.
• Price: $990 per car (4×4 with seats for 4 max pax). Prices are fixed for the day-tours, with max 4 participants to share the cost. Tours include transportation by a 4×4 car/fuel, guiding and landscape photography assistants. As this is a private tour we can flex and change the schedule if you have special wishes as to locations etc.
• Pickup and dropoff in the Reykjavik area
• We understand plans can change. So be assured that there will be a full refund for cancellation up to 30 days before your tour.
• Feel free to send your request about availability and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +354 895-6364
• Food and beverages. We will stop on the way for lunch and snacks.
Bring with you:
• Your photo gear, sturdy tripod and filters
• Warm clothes, cloves and hats and hiking shoes